Date:      Wed, 20 Jun 2001 15:26:08 -0500
From:      Dave McKay <dave@mu.org>
To:        Jordan Hubbard <jkh@osd.bsdi.com>
Cc:        jeroen@unfix.org, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Query:  How to tell if Microsoft is using BSD TCP/IP code?

Jordan Hubbard (jkh@osd.bsdi.com) wrote:
> From: "Jeroen Massar" <jeroen@unfix.org>
> Subject: RE: Query:  How to tell if Microsoft is using BSD TCP/IP code?
> Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2001 13:16:20 +0200
>
> > It all sounds really odd to me but alas a cat does stupid things when it
> > gets cornered...
> > I sincerely hope that you BSD guys&gals stay far far away from the
> > "microsoft is evil, we can't win it easily so let's bash it to
> > hell"-attitude.
>
> 1. We're not cornered.
>
> 2. We're not bashing Microsoft here.  We're just trying to figure
>    out if their recently published comments that "Open Source is bad
>    and inimical to our interests" is really just marketspeak which
>    contradicts their own engineering position.

I believe that Microsoft is against the GPL.  Prolly won't find too much Linux
code in Windows.  The TCP/IP stacks (i've heard) are pretty close.  Windows has
added a few things, but essentially they are the same.  The BSD licence and the
GPL, as we all know, are very different.  BSD good GPL bad.

--
Dave McKay
(i work for no one)