Date:      Sun, 07 May 1995 23:59:03 +0200
From:      Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>
To:        current@FreeBSD.org, core@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   How to roll a release...

Hi Guys...

When 2.0.5-ALPHA/BETA/RELEASE comes out, I'd kinda like to be up to date
with local secure tarballs. I've been looking at the release/Makefile,
and so far it looks easy. I have some questions though:

1) Is buildname set to the name of the distribution, like
   FreeBSD-2.0.5-RELEASE?

2) I am going to copy -Rp the sources instead of using cvs. Any problems
   likely to crop up?

3) Is there anything else I need to know? Apart from 'it will take ar
   _loooong_ time' :-)

4) Could someone please keep me in touch with when the actual releases get
   rolled so I can run mine at the same/similar time?

Thanks!

--
Mark Murray
46 Harvey Rd, Claremont, Cape Town 7700, South Africa