Date:      Sun, 08 Apr 2007 14:26:40 +0800
From:      Ben Madin <ben@remoteinformation.com.au>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   tcl84 on FreeBSD 6.2 make error (new user)

G'day all,

I'm sorry but I am new to FreeBSD, and I am not sure what tcl84 is, but
when I tried to install gdal, using portmanager after many hours it told
me that tcl84 had an error, so that was that.

when I went to ports/lang/tcl84 and tried make install clean it didn't
work either.

there were lots of errors like
/usr/ports/lang/tcl84/work/tcl8.4.14/unix/libtcl84.so: undefined
reference to 'sin' (or 'cos' or 'tan')

so I'm guessing that there is some mathematical thing that it needs, but
nearly every package I have tried to build from ports seems to require
this tcl at some point, so my first few days of FreeBSD are not going as
well as I hoped... after much documentation searching and googling etc,
I come to this point for help (at least on how to get more help)

cheers

Ben