Date:      Sun, 11 Apr 1999 00:57:18 +0100
From:      Ben Smithurst <ben@scientia.demon.co.uk>
To:        bert <bert.lagaisse@student.kuleuven.ac.be>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ftp-install

bert wrote:

> i like to donwload it from the dutch mirror.  I prefer not installing
> it directly from the server, in case my provider gets down, i don't
> get troubles
>
> so my question is : wich directory structurers shoud i download (and
> write down on cd)

Go to ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/3.1-RELEASE/ (or the dutch
mirror, or whatever), and I'd recommend just getting the "bin" and
"manpages" directories to start with. Once you've got those, you should
be able to get a FreeBSD system running, and then you can get any other
stuff you need easier. You'll probably also need to make a boot floppy
as well, the instructions should be in one of the *.TXT files in the
3.1-RELEASE directory.

--
Ben Smithurst
ben@scientia.demon.co.uk