Date:      Wed, 15 Nov 1995 17:17:08 -0700
From:      Nate Williams <nate@rocky.sri.MT.net>
To:        sos@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        leisner@sdsp.mc.xerox.com (Marty Leisner), msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au, hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Linux emul, QMAGIC libs

> > Does ibsc2 on linux do anything for Freebsd binaries?
>
> Hmm, they do have some BSD emul code in there, but I don't
> now if it works for FreeBSD...

The developer who did the FreeBSD emulation for Linux mentioned on
Usenet this week that the FreeBSD emulation code is extremely incomplete
and *NO* more work would be done on it unless he was offered $$.

And, he offered to help others do the work and hasn't received any
offers of help in the last 3 months.

I suspect FreeBSD emulation under Linux will be a non-issue soon.

Nate