Date:      Tue, 11 Nov 1997 18:57:25 +0200
From:      Julian MAUGHAN <JULIAN@usabco.co.za>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Running IRCD in inetd.conf not working

Please can someone help with this problem:

I installed the IRC server port no problem (IRC-2.9.2p3) on my FreeBSD 2.2.2 machine. The problem is that I want it to run from inetd (because I want to use 194 as the IRC port), and it won't. Running it from the command-line on port 6667 works fine however.

I've gone through all the documentation that I have an everything looks fine. What am I doing wrong? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Julian Maughan
Network Administrator
USABCO (Pty) Ltd
Cape Town