Date:      Mon, 26 Apr 2004 09:55:58 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "K. Greenwood" <k_greenwood1@yahoo.com>
To:        Joe Rhett <jrhett@isite.net>, Kirk Strauser <kirk@strauser.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Items missing from the handbook and/or FAQs.

--- Joe Rhett <jrhett@isite.net> wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 24, 2004 at 12:30:06PM -0500, Kirk
> Strauser wrote:
> > At 2004-04-23T20:47:01Z, Charles Swiger
> <cswiger@mac.com> writes:
> >
> > > ...and I could repeat this with a few other Unix
> systems and not find a
> > > "iwconfig" on them, either.  ifconfig ought to
> be used for configuring
> > > network interfaces, IMO.
> >
> > Note that Debian also uses ifconfig to configure
> wireless interfaces.
> > iwconfig is specific to certain Linux
> distributions.
>
> I've got a debian woody system sitting right here.
> Same hardware. The
> wireless configuration is done with iwconfig.

I'm sorry, but this lurker feels the need to speak.

While I may not be well versed in *bsd, if Debian is
working for you, great... use it!

If you have a direct complaint regarding the
documentation... PR it.  If it's accepted, all the
better for everyone!  If it is not accepted, either
persevere, or give up.  Endless commentary will serve
nothing (or you are a somewhat successful troll...).

Use The Tool That Works.