Date:      Tue, 27 Feb 1996 12:45:55 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@riley-net170-164.uoregon.edu>
To:        andreas.strobel@dbag.ulm.daimlerbenz.com
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: your mail

On Mon, 26 Feb 1996 andreas.strobel@dbag.ulm.daimlerbenz.com wrote:

> i have FreeBSD on a Compaq LTE ELITE 4/75CX. I want to install a 3Com
> (PCMCIA) Etherlink III (3C589C) Ethernet Card. When the Kernel starts, he
> reprots "zp: found card in slot 0" and "zp0 not found at 0x300". I try
> several other portadresses with the same result. I also try the "ze
> devicedriver" with the same results. Can anyone help me with this
> problem. By the way i have the same problem with the portadress of the
> serial card on this machine.

You probably have some conflicts that you need to resolve.  Type '-c' at
the boot prompt and configure your hardware appropriately.  You may need
to run 3c589cfg to set a fixed IRQ and base address for the Ethernet pccard.

Btw, zp0 is the one you want.

After you get installed and if you feel up to it, apply the pccard
patches and get some better PCMCIA support.  I believe the package is
available on ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/incoming.

Internet:  dwhite@gladstone.uoregon.edu | Residence Networking Assistant