Date:      Mon, 9 Mar 2020 11:40:26 +0100
From:      Michael Tuexen <michael.tuexen@lurchi.franken.de>
To:        Doug Hardie <bc979@lafn.org>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SCTP sendmsgx

> On 9. Mar 2020, at 11:01, Doug Hardie <bc979@lafn.org> wrote:
>=20
>> I am trying to get sctp_sendmsgx to work and not having a lot of =
success.  I have not been able to find any examples on the web of using =
it.  I have a client using sctp_sendmsg working fine.  I need to make =
use of the multihoming feature which requires sctp_sendmsgx.    I =
changed the call to sctp_sendmsgx, and changed the address count to 2.  =
However, all I get is an EINVAL response.  Looking through the code =
there are at least 2 different possible causes, but I can't distinguish =
between them. I do have two address structures in the address field.  =
Are there any examples of how to build a client with sctp_sendmsgx?
>=20
> I am now making some progress.  If you are using the sctp_sendmsg =
function the sa_len or sin_len field is not used.  However, sctp_sendx =
does use it.  Leaving it at zero causes
Yepp, filling out the sa_len field is important.
> the problem.  sendx now sends a connection init to the remote host.  =
There is no server running there yet.  It hangs for quite some time and =
doesn't try the multihome address.  I seem to recall reading something =
about that so will investigate that tomorrow.=20
What do you see on the wire? I would expect INIT chunks to be sent to =
the two addresses you provided.

Please note that sctp_sendx() is deprecated (like sctp_sendmsg()). =
Please consider using sctp_sendv().
See https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6458#section-9.12

Best regards
Michael