Date:      Thu, 5 Jan 2017 00:06:44 +1100 (EST)
From:      Ian Smith <smithi@nimnet.asn.au>
To:        Bernt Hansson <bah@bananmonarki.se>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Sendmail on freebsd

In freebsd-questions Digest, Vol 657, Issue 5, Message: 18
On Wed, 4 Jan 2017 08:26:48 +0100 Bernt Hansson <bah@bananmonarki.se> wrote:
 > Hello list!
 >
 > Have a question or more about /etc/mail/access.
 >
 > Is this list appropiatefor this kind of question?

I don't see why not.

 > If not, please point me in the right direction.
 >
 > If  i put this in /etc/mail/access
 >
 > com    REJECT
 >
 > Does that reject all domains that contain com
 > or just TLD com.

The latter, BUT unless things have changed, you need to specify what
kind of header it appears in, e.g (and yes, these are real entries):

Connect:xyz		REJECT
From:xyz		REJECT

The former rejects all mail 'Received: from' any hostname *.xyz
The latter rejects mail with 'envelope-from' any address@*.xyz

For example, this (digest) message had first headers of:

    by xxxx.nimnet.asn.au (x.yy.z/x.yy.z) with ESMTP id v04C0M0x055062
    for <smithi@nimnet.asn.au>; Wed, 4 Jan 2017 23:00:28 +1100 (EST)
    (envelope-from owner-freebsd-questions@freebsd.org)

Connect:mx2.freebsd.org		ACCEPT
 would accept all mail 'Received: from' hostname mx2.freebsd.org