Date:      Mon, 22 Jun 1998 16:22:46 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Jeremy Shaffner <jer@jorsm.com>
To:        Alex Kwan <kwanalex@hkstar.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: PROMISE Ultra33 Ultra ATA/EIDE Accelerator

I recently saw a message stating that the Promise EIDE card is not
supported.

However, tried it in various combinations (I did so before I even saw the
above message) and the only way I was able to get it to work at all was as
a secondary IDE controller with the BIOS turned off (Though the message I
mentioned says that this is not possible.)  It gets properly probed as
wdc1 and my 124M drive (That's why I don't care about not having the BIOS)
is setup as wd3 (It's missing it's jumpers so it thinks it's a slave.)

The one that I have is the Promise EIDE/Max Ultra blahblahblah.  It's ISA
though and not PCI.

Give it a try.  Who knows.  :)