Date:      Thu, 22 Jul 1999 09:33:40 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Adrian Filipi-Martin <adrian@ubergeeks.com>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kkenn@rebel.net.au>
Cc:        advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: MSNBC: The Net's stealth operating system

On Thu, 22 Jul 1999, Kris Kennaway wrote:

> On Thu, 22 Jul 1999, Adrian Filipi-Martin wrote:
>
> > > http://www.msnbc.com/news/292376.asp
> > >
> > > I've only skimmed it so far, but it seems like a pretty nice article. Nice
> > > work, Wes Peters and Matthew Fuller for the quotes, too.
> > >
> > > Kris
> >
> > 	I just about fell out of my chair when I saw this quote, 'Has Linux
> > has become too mainstream and lost its appeal among "Ubergeeks"?'
> >
> > 	(Note my domain. <grin>)
>
> :-)
>
> You should send an email to the author and say "yes, it has."

	I just did.  I also admitted that networking in 386BSD 0.0 was
enough to make it more appealing than 0.9x Linux which had no networking
at the time and that's what made my initial decision.  (Well, I was reading
the DDJ Jolitz articles too, I suppose.)

cheers,

	Adrian
--
[ adrian@ubergeeks.com -- Ubergeeks Consulting -- http://www.ubergeeks.com/ ]