Date:      Thu, 6 Feb 2003 16:55:35 -0500
From:      Tom Rhodes <trhodes@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Ceri Davies <setantae@submonkey.net>
Cc:        murray@FreeBSD.org, doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Documenting FreeBSD Officers, Hats, and Working Groups

On Thu, 6 Feb 2003 21:48:53 +0000
Ceri Davies <setantae@submonkey.net> wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 27, 2003 at 08:02:05PM -0800, Murray Stokely wrote:
> > The information about the membership of our various committees is
> > sparsely documented.  The FreeBSD Contributor's Guide contains a
> > list of the core team members, but says nothing about re@ or
> > portmgr@, for example.  Similarly, the releng pages list the
> > membership of those two groups without listing the members on
> > security-officer@ or the trb@.
> >
> > I think all of these hats/groups have worked out well, but I think
> > we should provide a single document with this information.  Maybe we
> > just need to update some of the pages in the internal website, or
> > maybe a new document needs to be created, but right now, it is
> > pretty hard to keep track of all of the different "hats".
> >
> > Any takers?
>
> I'll have a go if the information can be provided to me.
> I'm aware of portmgr@, re@, core@, doceng@, so@ and trb@ but I don't
> know who is in all of them (and some of them aren't really "hats"),
> and there may be others.
>
> I can think of two places off the top of my head, but could do with
> some input as to where would be most appropriate: i) the existing hats
> article; ii) the "Who is Responsible for What" part of the
> contributors article. I'm open to other suggestions.

I've already started on this Ceri, sorry...  I've already began
to think about how I want to set this up.  I want to define entities
so we can do things like:

&donations;
&so;
&so-team;

However, developer entities already exist without email addresses,
I'm about to just include email addresses into the existing entities
and let it go throughout the site.  Thats the most logical way IMHO,
however I'm still looking at a few other options, which include just
not using email addresses, yet that would be a bad idea...

If you want to help, your more than welcome!  Its a large job ;)

--
Tom Rhodes