Date:      Sat, 16 Oct 2004 15:05:37 -0400
From:      David Schultz <das@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        "Kamal R. Prasad" <kamalp@kprasad.org>
Cc:        Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu>
Subject:   Re: ps command

On Sat, Oct 16, 2004, Kamal R. Prasad wrote:
> >Yes, there's a list at
> >
> >	http://www.freebsd.org/projects/c99/index.html
> >
> >It isn't up-to-date, but it should give you a pretty good idea of
> >what needs to be done.
> >

> I see one to-do to make code thread-safe. Im not sure and would like
> someone to elaborate on that. Besides that, I am looking for some
> generic to-do stuff  inside the kernel [or at most libc] but doesn't
> require special hardware. .

POSIX defines all standard functions to be thread-safe, except
ones on the list here:

http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/009695399/functions/xsh_chap02_09.html

I don't know of any routines offhand that are required to be
thread-safe but aren't already.  You'd have to poke around and see
what you could find.