Date:      Mon, 6 Jan 1997 12:10:27 -0500 (EST)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@glue.umd.edu>
To:        Thomas Gellekum <thomas@ghpc8.ihf.rwth-aachen.de>
Cc:        Satoshi Asami <asami@cs.berkeley.edu>, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit:  ports/x11/tix/patches etc.

On Mon, 6 Jan 1997, Thomas Gellekum wrote:

> Satoshi Asami wrote:
> >  * Or just leave generic/tk.h in. Tix (and probably other extensions) add
> >  * `-I<tk_src>/generic -I<tk_src>/unix' to their CFLAGS and forget about
> >  * /usr/local/include.
> >
> > Now you know why I hate them? ;)
>
> Now you know why I don't want the Tk port? ;-)
>
> > Are the files same?  If so, they should probably be symlinks.
> > Otherwise, I'll leave both in.
>
> They're the same. Tk installs generic/tk.h into /usr/local/include by
> default, then you copy it to /usr/local/include/tk/generic/tk.h in
> post-install.

Sorry, I'm playing catch-up.  You guys have transferred a lot of traffic
since last night.  Tk and it's cousins have no need for the large majority
of the .h files, in or out of generic, so adding them is pure useless
bloat.  The location that the tk port uses to put it's files,
/usr/local/include, is the one that is expected for most of the tcltk
software, and that stuff finds it fine.

The problem is mostly that half our tcltk stuff is in the /usr/local
hierarchy, the other half in /usr/include.  It's not that much of a
problem, either.

Let me gen up a version of tix that works ok, give me an hour.  Right now,
when it can't find the tclconfig.sh and tkconfig.sh files in the same
locations that it finds the include files, it dies, but that's trivial to
fix.  Be right back.

> tg

9120 Edmonston Ct #302      |