Date:      Fri, 29 Sep 2006 08:38:55 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "R. B. Riddick" <arne_woerner@yahoo.com>
To:        Rex Roof <rexroof@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-geom@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mirror/stripe freezing under FreeBSD 5.5

--- Rex Roof <rexroof@gmail.com> wrote:
> as you can see, they say DIRTY.   a few seconds later they changed to CLEAN.
> I'm noticing now that they're changing back and forth rather frequently.
> perhaps once a minute;  much more often than the freezing is happening.

That seems to be normal, when there is write activity:
% touch a ; gmirror list | grep DIRTY
   Flags: DIRTY
   Flags: DIRTY
   Flags: DIRTY
   Flags: DIRTY
% sleep 5
% gmirror list | grep DIRTY
%

I dont know, what could cause the strange behaviour...

Maybe u should try to increase the stripe size and the slice size to 128KB or
so?

-Arne

---