Date:      Sun, 24 Dec 2023 07:57:05 -0800
From:      bob prohaska <fbsd@www.zefox.net>
To:        Marcin Cieslak <saper@saper.info>
Cc:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: USB-serial adapter suggestions needed

On Sun, Dec 24, 2023 at 01:33:14AM +0000, Marcin Cieslak wrote:
> On Sat, 23 Dec 2023, bob prohaska wrote:
>
> > Thanks for writing & confirming ch340 is an option!
>
> One more thing - please be aware that the adapter I have
> gives only a simple three-wire connection (RxD, TxD, GND)
> so there is NO hardware flow control of any sort.

I'm using usb-serial adapters to access RPi serial consoles,
so no hardware flow control is needed (or usable). RTS/CTS
would be nice in principle, for example to connect to a much
slower device (a pen plotter comes to mind).

Programming support seems to be the most valuable feature.

Thanks for reading,

bob prohaska