Date:      Fri, 31 Mar 2000 06:14:48 +1000
From:      Sue Blake <sue@welearn.com.au>
To:        Doug Barton <Doug@gorean.org>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Proposed new Bourne shell init files

On Thu, Mar 30, 2000 at 09:58:29AM -0800, Doug Barton wrote:
> Sue Blake wrote:

> > It would be a good addition to a separate file with lengthy comments,
> > supplied as an alternative and/or learning exercise.
>
> 	Actually I added the comments I did to the file (in more places than
> just the allexport lines) to help make things more clear. If you feel
> that more verbose comments are warranted, I'm sure we would all welcome
> your suggestions.

Actually I was thinking of a separate project I'm looking at,
rather than suggesting putting more into these default files.

> But shooting down a simple solution that solves
> several problems at the same time and has little or no down side just
> because you don't understand it isn't really constructive criticism.

Sorry Doug, I understood what you presented and didn't mean to shoot
down or criticise in any way, just to present one alternative viewpoint
as politely and humbly as possible, as others had done already. I've
stepped on your toes again by mentioning alternatives because I didn't
recognise you. My apologies.

--

Regards,
        -*Sue*-