Date:      Sun, 24 Aug 1997 19:24:26 +0900
From:      NISHIO Shuichi <nishio@caleche.kecl.ntt.co.jp>
To:        b3506036@csie.ntu.edu.tw
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: de0 hangs in 3.0-970815-SNAP

From: "" <b3506036@csie.ntu.edu.tw>
Subject: de0 hangs in 3.0-970815-SNAP
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 1997 17:14:48 +0800

> in 3.0-970815-SNAP, the de0 driver is a little buggy, after loading kernel
> the de0 reports:
> "de0: receive xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx: alignment error" or
> "de0: receive xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx: bad crc"
> ..
> After several messages, the driver is out of order.
>
> does anyone get the same problem?

I also get the "bad crc" messages, mainly on inbound transfers
(I think), but the card keeps working.

On the first large outbound transfer after reboot, I always get the
following messages:

de1: abnormal interrupt: transmit underflow (raising TX threshold to 96|256)
de1: abnormal interrupt: transmit underflow (raising TX threshold to 1024)
de1: abnormal interrupt: transmit underflow (switching to store-and-forward mode)

Also, the outbound transfer rate seems to have decreased from
6.5-7.5MB/s to 2.5-4.5MB/s, but I am still not sure whether this is
caused by the changes in de driver, or the changes in the SMP kernel.

Inbound transfers are still at the rate of 6.5-7.5MB/s.

Nishio Shuichi