Date:      Fri, 1 Aug 1997 11:03:20 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Gang-Ryung Uh <uh@NU.cs.fsu.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        mobile@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Configuring NEC Versa 6200MMX For XFree86 3.2

Hi,

  I installed FreeBSD 2.2.2 to the NEC 6200 MMX laptop
  from DOS partition. I also patched the source with
  the recent PAO  packages and recompile kernel.  The new
  kernel seems to run very stable!!

  However, I have problems to configure the XFree86 3.2
  for the laptop. The model & specs of the video card
  are
      CT 65550
      RAMDAC (?)
      Clock Chip (?)  Clock rates - 65 MHz

      video memory 2M

      Horizontal sync rate 48.3 KHz
      Vertical refresh rate 60 Hz

  I used the XF86Config. However, when I typed "startx",
  the system hanged indefinitely.. I have to do cold-boot!
  I cannot even use XF86Setup -- this also freeze the system.

  If someone already configured the video card for XFree86,
  please let me know. I also deeply appreciate any hints or
  help.

  Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Gang-Ryung Uh