Date:      Thu, 27 Jun 2002 09:10:42 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Frank Mayhar <frank@exit.com>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Status of fxp / smp problem?

I have been one of the people suffering from the "intermittent-hang"
problem, with occasional hard freezes requiring a reset.  Well, it
appears that the problem has disappeared.  With a June 17 kernel
(although the installed /kernel says June 23, so it's _somewhere_ in
there) the problems, intermittent hangs and hard freezes, are gone
completely.  I've reinstalled dnetc and will be rerunning it, but as
I've been banging the CPUs heavily with video processing, I don't
expect a problem.

Now, what changed???  Not that I'm complaining, mind you.
--
Frank Mayhar frank@exit.com	http://www.exit.com/
Exit Consulting                 http://www.gpsclock.com/