Date:      Fri, 28 Aug 1998 17:39:19 +0000
From:      Alex Farber <alex@kawo2.rwth-aachen.de>
Subject:   Re: no luck with AIC7890 and X-Windows

Doug Ledford wrote:
> Alex Farber wrote:
> > I start X-Windows, everything hangs and I see just black screen.
> > X-Windows works fine with the same kernel w/o patches.
>
> This sounds like your video card and the aic7xxx controller have overlapping
> IO regions.  Check the output of /proc/pci to make sure.  If you have to,
> try moving the video card to a different PCI slot and resetting the PCI
> configuration data in the motherboard BIOS.

Thanks! This simple trick helped. Please, can anyone mail me
the install images for Red Hat 5.1, since I can't access
calculix.mathematik.uni-stuttgart.de/pub/juergen/aic7xxx/boot-images
for some reason? I can't wait installing Linux on my SCSI-disk :-)

Greetings
Alex

--
http://www.simplex.ru/pref.html