Date:      Tue, 14 Nov 2000 12:14:06 -0800 (PST)
From:      joseph@randomnetworks.com
To:        Ade Lovett <ade@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Nick Sayer <nsayer@quack.kfu.com>, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Best way to do this?

On Tue, 14 Nov 2000, Ade Lovett wrote:

# On Tue, Nov 14, 2000 at 10:58:06AM -0800, Nick Sayer wrote:
# > I want to set up Apache with all of IPv6, mod_ssl and mod_php4.
# > Can anyone suggest the best route to take to get there? I see various
# > ports that can do two of these at a time, but not all 3. If I have to
# > give up something, I can give up IPv6, but ssl and php4 are required.
# >
# > Thanks in advance.
#
# I have some modifications to the www/apache13-modssl port that makes
# it install in exactly the same place as www/apache13 (and thus the
# www/mod_* ports will grok it).
#
# I've heard concrete back from the maintainers, so at the moment I'm
# seriously considering a drive-by commit to remove at least some of
# the more annoying bogons in our apache ports, given that the
# packages are going to be rerolled for 4.2-RELEASE

	If you are looking for votes to do this count me for one.  At a
minimum the layout for all of the Apache ports should be identical.  4.2
should not go out the door with out this.

#
# Again, the patchball can be found at:
#
# 	http://people.FreeBSD.org/~ade/patches/www.apache13-modssl