Date:      22 Sep 1999 20:01:40 -0400
From:      Chris Shenton <cshenton@uucom.com>
To:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IR port on laptop?

Oops, following up to my own post. . .

I was able to see WinCE talking over PC Link to my IR port by
accessing sio1 as cuaa1 with "tip". Though WinCE said it was using
19200, I found I could see chars at 9600 that looked suspiciously
intelligible.

It doesn't look like PPP. It looks like some damn Windoze RAS
pseudo-protocol; there are lots of ^?s in it and some human-readable
text bits.

Below I've separated repeating sequences, eash of which starts with
^@HPC (HPC is Micro$oft speak for Handheld PC).  Then with each
sequence I've inserted some line breaks which shows an incrementing
character (^B^A, ^B^B, ^B^C...)  in the middle of the stream.

Does anyone know RAS? Is this what it looks like?

--Chris

HPCg7A
@?qd;b~A
@?qd;:gA