Date:      Thu, 24 Aug 2000 14:52:15 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Archie Cobbs <archie@whistle.com>
To:        Brian Fundakowski Feldman <green@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>, John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: panic: reducing sbsize: lost count, uid = 1001

I don't know if this is related to the problems you guys are looking at,
but I have a box that every so often (every couple of months) panics
with a "panic: recieve 1" panic. This panic happens when the socket
character count is bogus during a recv(2), etc. system call.

So several months ago I came up with a patch to try and track this
down, and with the patch it panics immediately.. but I couldn't
figure out why at the time and haven't pursued it since then.

Anyway, for what it's worth, the patch I was using is here:

  ftp://ftp.whistle.com/pub/archie/misc/sbcheck.patch

Some variant of it may be useful for tracking down this problem too.

-Archie