Date:      Thu, 01 Jan 2015 12:07:55 +0100
From:      andreas scherrer <ascherrer@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   freebsd-update: restore original state of "files modified locally"?

Dear all

I always get the following output from freebsd-update:

-----
The following files are affected by updates, but no changes have
been downloaded because the files have been modified locally:
/etc/mail/freebsd.cf
/etc/mail/sendmail.cf
-----

As I don't think that I have any (relevant) changes in those files, I
would like to pass control back to freebsd-update. I assume that I must
restore the "original" files to achieve that.

So the question is: where do I get the "correct" (i.e. "expected") files
from or what other possibility do I have to tell freebsd-update that I
want it to handle those files? Or the other way around: why does
freebsd-update think that I have local modifications in those files
(e.g. what does it compare against)?

For reference here's the md5s of the files:
# md5 /etc/mail/freebsd.cf
MD5 (/etc/mail/freebsd.cf) = 5f0300de03da7892de403ee5e9990e38
# md5 /etc/mail/sendmail.cf
MD5 (/etc/mail/sendmail.cf) = f9f356c02d83a578c079064bde0656ae

And the box is running 9.1-RELEASE-p21.

Prosperous 2015!