Date:      Fri, 24 Jul 1998 11:40:47 -0400 (EDT)
From:      woods@zeus.leitch.com (Greg A. Woods)
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   why does CVSup sometimes "Touch" every file in the repository?

[[ Please send/CC replies directly to me -- I'm not on freebsd-hackers. ]]

Occasionally, esp. after global tagging, etc., CVSup wants to "Touch"
every file in the repository.  Why?  I can't think of any CVS operation
that would do this unless someone deletes a tag and re-applies it
between the times I run CVSup -- and I know Jordan mentioned he had
moved a tag forward on a couple of files yesterday (I assumed he would
have done this on only those individual files though).

I'm not complaining because this causes me any pain, but I'm concerned
that this might be causing undue load on the CVSup servers if it's not
necessary.

--
							Greg A. Woods

+1 416 443-1734      VE3TCP      <gwoods@acm.org>      <robohack!woods>