Date:      Wed, 12 Jul 1995 15:10:44 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Karl Denninger <karl@Mcs.Net>
To:        rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com (Rodney W. Grimes)
Cc:        karl@mcs.com, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SCSI disk wedge

> > Hi folks,
> >
> > Was wondering if there had been any progress on the SCSI disk channel hangs
> > we reported here a month or so ago.
>
> Can you be more specific about which controller and/or drives you are
> seing this with?  Trying to recall the mail for the last month with
> ``disk channel hangs'' as the keyword doesn't work for me, my poor old
> mind is not what it use to be :-)

Aha1742 and AHA 27xx -- both EISA.

On the 27xx driver we get an error, on the 1742 the failure is silent.
Other than that, the behavior is identical.

Termination has been checked, this system ran BSDI before without trouble.
SCSI bus is known good.  DMA max clock rate is irrelavent.  The system is
running enhanced mode in all cases.

> > Any hope or help out there? :-)  New SCSI drivers perhaps, or patches?
>
> I have seen them on occasion during boots, or shutdowns, but not during
> system operations, is this what you are seeing?

Yes.  This is during normal operations.

This system is 2.0.5-RELEASE.

> > ISDN - Get it here TODAY!
>
> Waaaaa!!  I want my ISDN :-) :-)
>
> --
> Rod Grimes                                      rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com
> Accurate Automation Company                 Reliable computers for FreeBSD

Its real nice.

Karl Denninger (karl@MCS.Net)| MCSNet - The Finest Internet Connectivity
Modem: [+1 312 248-0900]     | (shell, PPP, SLIP, leased) in Chicagoland
Voice: [+1 312 248-8649]     | 7 Chicagoland POPs, ISDN, 28.8, much more
Fax: [+1 312 248-9865]       | Email to "info@mcs.net" WWW: http://www.mcs.net
ISDN - Get it here TODAY!    | Home of Chicago's only FULL AP Clarinet feed!