Date:      Tue, 31 Dec 1996 15:29:45 +1030 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        shanee@rabbit.augusta.de (Andreas Kohout)
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Which libraries are necessary

Andreas Kohout stands accused of saying:

> Do you have a script, which tell me wat binary uses a special lib, for
> example libc.2?

Have a look at ftp://gsoft.com.au/pub/Library_report.tcl.gz; I wrote
this over lunch in answer to your question.  It will take a while to run
on a large system, as it searches everywhere it can for executables, and
you should probably run it as root if you think people might have old
private executables hidden away.  Give it '-v' as an argument if you want
to watch it at work.

Still, I'm quite happy with it.  Any suggestions as to where it
belongs in the scheme of things?