Date:      Sun, 05 Dec 1999 09:46:49 -0700
From:      Alex Huppenthal <alex@aspenworks.com>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Scalable web server - ServeRAID 8640/330-ESS IBM gear

I'm building an applications server and this IBM system is a test
platform. Everything we've cooked up for our ISP in Aspen is FreeBSD
based, and I'd like to keep it that way.

I've purchased an IBM system with a "ServeRAID" scsi controller. Three
channels, on board cache, powerPC processor etc. etc.. Pretty snappy.

I've found Linux and NT drivers, and recently IBM announced the sources
are available for the ServerRAID driver. (GNU) Man, have times changed.
IBM = open software... purely amazing to me.. wonderful!

I've searched the FreeBSD website, but no hits there for ServeRAID
support.

Does anyone know of a way to get the ServeRAID controller working with
FreeBSD? I'm not qualified to port the sources IBM released for their
controller, so I'll have to use a canned solution. Anyone working on the
port of the drivers?

Cheers,

 -Alex