Date:      Tue, 18 Mar 1997 16:02:38 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Paul T. Root" <proot@horton.iaces.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   UPSD

I grabbed upsd (for my APC Smart-ups 700) and it compiled fine. But the
documentation is lacking to say the least.

What type of cable do I use? I tried copying a cable I had for APC
software on a sparc. Should I use a null-modem? or a straight through.

I get a message that it can't get talk to the ups in smart mode.

Paul.

--
"It's a real downer."

--The Alabama state textbook committee, trying to explain why they
  recommended that the "The Diary of Anne Frank" be banned from the
  state's public school libraries, 1983.