Date:      Wed, 18 Sep 1996 22:15:52 -0700
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        dg@root.com
Cc:        rohit@cs.UMD.EDU, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Giant Sized Ethernet Packets

>From The Desk Of David Greenman :
> >0
> >>
> >>    No.
> >
> >Sorry, the answer is yes.... Is just that Julian and I did this on the
> >contractual committment and if anybody knows the procedure to integrate
> >or release the code is Julian.
>
>    The current 'de' driver does NOT support sending larger than 1500 byte
> frames. If you have patches or something, then that's another thing - but
> that's not what was asked.

Hi David,

I was basically referring to his second point:

--
If not, would somebody know if this is possible with the above h/w
at all?

Which I interpret as if the hardware could at least support such operations
in the event that the existing driver does not support such operations .

	Regards,
	Amancio