Date:      Sun, 21 Nov 2004 20:49:57 -0600
From:      Eric Kjeldergaard <kjelderg@gmail.com>
To:        Steve Camp <steve@camp.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Most Suitable version of FBSD for server?

> Is the <current> branch of 5.x (assuming 5.3 based on previous response)
> been fairly stable in people's experiences?  Has it been fairly bug-free?
> (I realize that is a pretty subjective question...)

correct on 5.3 being the current release.  I find it quite stable.  I
have not crashed or locked or anything on any desktops/servers I have
installed it on.  This doesn't hold with my laptop, but the one crash
that I got was due (I think) to X rather than fBSD itself.  In general
when fBSD declares something STABLE for a release, they mean it.

--
If I write a signature, my emails will appear more personalised.