Date:      Mon, 07 Jul 1997 02:51:02 +1000
From:      David Nugent <davidn@labs.usn.blaze.net.au>
To:        Wolfram Schneider <wosch@apfel.de>
Cc:        Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>, ache@nagual.pp.ru (=?KOI8-R?B?4c7E0sXKIP7F0s7P1w==?=), current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: long usernames in top

>  >>  likely that it would become a FreeBSD-only maintenance nightmare.
>  >
>  >Nightmare? Terry, this is why we use cvs and vendor branches.
>
>  CVS is the personification of a nightmare.

Yes, but a *different* nightmare, or a nightmare in different ways.

Standard vendor branches do, in fact, work fine as desiigned. That
CVS doesn't deal (at all) with moving things around is a different
problem.

--
David Nugent - Unique Computing Pty Ltd - Melbourne, Australia
Voice +61-3-9791-9547  Data/BBS +61-3-9792-3507  3:632/348@fidonet