Date:      Mon, 24 Mar 2003 23:57:34 +0000
From:      Scott Mitchell <scott+freebsd@fishballoon.org>
To:        Larry Rosenman <ler@lerctr.org>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: USB->Flash (SmartMedia and SD/MMC)?

On Mon, Mar 24, 2003 at 01:40:40PM -0600, Larry Rosenman wrote:
> Anyone got a good recommendation on a flash reader that supports both
> SmartMedia cards and SD/MMC cards (at least, can have more)?
>
> Needs to work on 4.8-RC or later OS.
>
> Thanks,
> LER

I have a Sitecom CN-300 - MMC/SD, SmartMedia, CF and MemoryStick slots,
works perfectly on -STABLE.  The Sitecom web site claims that this model
has been discontinued, but they still seem to be available.  The hardware
identifies itself as 'DMI MultiFlash 3.00'; I'd be quite surprised if the
same hardware wasn't sold under a variety of brand names.

If you want to spend a bit more, Sandisk stuff tends to just work.  Don't
know if they do a MMC/SmartMedia combo though.

HTH,

	Scott