Date:      Thu, 17 Aug 2006 16:08:57 +0200
From:      Pawel Jakub Dawidek <pjd@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Eric Anderson <anderson@centtech.com>
Cc:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org, freebsd-geom@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: GJournal (hopefully) final patches.

--hHWLQfXTYDoKhP50

On Thu, Aug 17, 2006 at 08:08:56AM -0500, Eric Anderson wrote:
> On 08/08/06 14:52, Pawel Jakub Dawidek wrote:
> >Hi.
> >I'm pleased to announce hopefully the final gjournal patches.
> [..snip..]
> >To create journaled UFS file system on ad0s1d partition:
> >	# gjournal load
> >	# gjournal label ad0s1d
> >	# newfs -J /dev/ad0s1d.journal
> >	# mount -o noatime,async /dev/ad0s1d.journal /mnt
> >On reboot 'fsck_ffs -p /dev/ad0s1d.journal' will perform fast check. One
> >can still run regular check by not giving the -p option.
>=20
> I have a 10TB filesystem I created as above, and recently a crash caused =
it to now complain about the filesystem being dirty.  When I do an fsck -p,=
 here's what I get:
>=20
> # fsck -p /dev/label/vol10
> /dev/label/vol10: UNEXPECTED INCONSISTENCY, CANNOT RUN FAST FSCK
>=20
>=20
> /dev/label/vol10: UNEXPECTED INCONSISTENCY; RUN fsck MANUALLY.

Do you have log from the boot before you saw this?
I corrected one bug, but it was only possible to trigger when crash
happened early in the boot process. Your crash was during or just after
a boot maybe?

--=20
pjd@FreeBSD.org                           http://www.FreeBSD.org

--hHWLQfXTYDoKhP50