Date:      Fri, 6 Feb 2004 10:33:06 -0800
From:      Brooks Davis <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net>
To:        Kevin Day <toasty@dragondata.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: vlan panic in -CURRENT

--huq684BweRXVnRxX

On Thu, Feb 05, 2004 at 04:11:12PM -0600, Kevin Day wrote:
>=20
> This crashes -CURRENT (from a couple of days ago) for me:
>=20
> ifconfig vlan0 create
> ifconfig vlan0 vlan 2 vlandev fxp0
> ifconfig vlan0 up
>=20
> (immediate trap 12/page fault while in kernel mode crash)
>=20
> BUT, if I manually bring up fxp0 first, everything is fine.
>=20
> ifconfig fxp0 up
> ifconfig vlan0 create
> ifconfig vlan0 vlan 2 vlandev fxp0
> ifconfig vlan0 up
>=20
> I don't have a crash dump since I don't have enough space on this=20
> drive. but this should be pretty easy to reproduce. If this isn't=20
> reproducible by whoever wants to look at this, I'm happy to get a=20
> backtrace through some other means. I'm using a stock GENERIC kernel,=20
> except I've added bridging and ipfw.
>=20
> Sorry if this has already  been reported, but I don't see anything in=20
> gnats or the mailing lists about it.

Well, it's not related to simply upping a vlan on a down interface since
I can't reproduce it with fwe0.  I've got a shortage of systems
configured for debugging that have an extra nic in them so I can't seem
to replicate this.  Since it should be possiable to replicate in single
user mode, you might try setting hw.physmem to something small enough
that you can get a crashdump.

-- Brooks

--=20

--huq684BweRXVnRxX