Date:      Sat, 10 Apr 1999 23:36:43 -0500
From:      Shawn Leas <sleas@ixion.honeywell.com>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Stupid question

On Fri, Apr 09, 1999 at 04:10:53PM -0700, Doug White wrote:

> There's a neat file called /boot/boot.conf you stuff this into.  See 'man
> boot' or 'man btx' for info.

Well, there's no btx manpage in 3.1R, and when I've tried to
boot wd0s4e at all I get "not a ufs" or somesuch error.
I've done "disklabel -w -B wd0s4e auto", which I thought
installed what I needed, but to no avail.

man disklabel and man boot don't give me quite enough to
get past this.

Maybe there should be a handbook entry on preparing a partition
for use as a `root', or, `boot' partition.

Can someone just outline very basically the steps so I can get
this over with?

-- Shawn
<=========== America Held Hostage ===========>
   Day 2271 for the poor and the middle class.
   Day 2290 for the rich and the dead.
   651 days remaining in the Raw Deal.