Date:      Mon, 3 Nov 1997 22:44:57 -0800 (PST)
From:      Shawn Ramsey <shawn@luke.cpl.net>
To:        Shan-Min Chao <shanmin@lvdi.net>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Super User

> 2) I have trouble logging on as super-user using any of the normal user
> accounts I created during setup.  I get an error of something like "Not in
> the correct class to su root".  Please help me.  Also, I can't press

Sorry, can't help you with the mouse problem, but there is an easy
solution to this problem. Simply add the user id you wish to give root
access to the wheel group in /etc/group. The users are comma delimited.

> backspace and erase any mistakes I type when I log on as a normal user,
> because it prints ^ and a character when I do so.  When I log on as root,
> this doesn't happen.

Thats strange, where are you loggin in from? If its over a network from
say a Winblows machine, check your terminal settings. Such as in Netterm,
backspace should mean backspace (not delete). Other programs may be
similar. Emulation should be set for vt100.