Date:      Fri, 15 Sep 2006 12:36:15 -0400
From:      Paul Mather <paul@gromit.dlib.vt.edu>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   /etc/rc.d/mountlate runs when no file systems marked as late

On two -CURRENT systems I run, for some reason the root file system is
attempted to be mounted as a "late" filesystem, even though it is not
marked as "late" in /etc/fstab.

I get a slightly different error on each system.  On one (FreeBSD
7.0-CURRENT #0: Thu Sep  7 17:50:03 EDT 2006 i386), I get:

=====>=====
Mounting late file systems:
mount:
/dev/mirror/raid1a
:
No buffer space available
.
=====<=====

and on the other (FreeBSD 7.0-CURRENT #0: Thu Sep  7 17:46:03 EDT 2006
i386) I get:

=====>=====
Mounting late file systems:
mount:
/dev/mirror/raid1a
:
Bad address
.
=====<=====

Both are listed as below in their respective system /etc/fstab:

=====>=====
/dev/mirror/raid1a  /  ufs  rw  1  1

I don't get this problem on a gmirrored 6-STABLE system I run.

Any ideas as to why this is happening?  Both systems finish booting
successfully, so the problem is not serious.  It just struck me as odd.

Cheers,

Paul.
--
e-mail: paul@gromit.dlib.vt.edu