Date:      Sun, 19 Dec 1999 10:53:17 +1030
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        Duke Normandin <01031149@3web.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Compiling a Custom X Server

On Saturday, 18 December 1999 at 13:01:09 -0800, Duke Normandin wrote:
> Can someone walk me through the steps required to compile a Custom
> SVGA X server? I have the cpq_driver.c for Compaq's legacy QVision
> 1024/E video controller (courtesy of Hans Oey), but haven't a clue
> what to do with it? I don't (yet) program in C. TIA!!

If you don't program in C, the best advice would be "forget it".  This
sort of work is particularly complicated.  It's not for cutting your
teeth.

You could enquire from the XFree86 people if they have any plans.  But
if this is an old card, it's probably not worth the weeks of work that
it would take.

Greg