Date:      Thu, 25 Nov 2010 12:08:05 +0100
From:      Cologne Chip AG <info@colognechip.com>
To:        "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs@berklix.com>
Cc:        isdn@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Deutsche Telekom termination of T-ISDN Mehrgeraeteanschluss Standard

Dear Julian,

it is a misinterpretation of the letter that you have received, that
Deutsche Telekom (DT) intends to terminate the ISDN service.

But DT has decided to drop some old tariffs. Nowaydays DT promotes
flat-rate tariffs for voice, e.g. in combination with xDSL for data
access. Your tariff seems to to be such an old one for time-based billing.

Of course you can stay with your existing ISDN subscriber line for
telephony and narrow-band data communications. Only the billing method
will be changed - not the access technology itself.

For addition information please refer to the announcement of this step
of DT (in April last year):
http://www.teltarif.de/telekom-isdn-komfort-kuendigung/news/34001.html
(in German language only)

Best regards,

Harald Schaefer

--

< Cologne Chip AG             +  The ISDN Chip Company!         >

Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: Hermann-Josef Kirschbaum
Vertretungsberechtigter Vorstand: Dr. Michael Gude (Vorsitz),
Joerg Ciesielski, Harald Schaefer, Klaus Winterscheidt
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Koeln, HRB 33457