Date:      Wed, 6 Nov 1996 09:04:45 -0600 (CST)
From:      Karl Denninger  <karl@Mcs.Net>
To:        gene@starkhome.cs.sunysb.edu (Gene Stark)
Cc:        root@implode.root.com, hackers@FreeBSD.org, jkh@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SUP on sup.freebsd.org

> David Greenman wrote:
>
> >point the service will be discontinued completely. So please switch to
> >using CVSup. It has much lighter network load and is quite a bit faster
> >as well.
> >   Thanks, and sorry for the short notice, but the load problem had reached
> >critical and something had to be done immediately.
>
> I can well sympathize with the need to do something about your network
> load problems, but I just tried (unsuccessfully) to build CVSup and I have
> the following *major* complaints, which I hope you will consider:

Uh, does this mean its down as of *NOW*?

Blargh.

Ok, where does one get a copy of CVSup that *doesn't* require that I build
other things (ie: is pre-packaged, including the Modula 3 port required)?

Karl Denninger (karl@MCS.Net)| MCSNet - The Finest Internet Connectivity
http://www.mcs.net/~karl     | T1's from $600 monthly to FULL DS-3 Service
			     | 32 Analog Prefixes, 13 ISDN, Web servers $75/mo
Voice: [+1 312 803-MCS1 x219]| Email to "info@mcs.net" WWW: http://www.mcs.net/
Fax:   [+1 312 248-9865]     | 2 FULL DS-3 Internet links; 400Mbps B/W Internal