Date:      Sat, 10 Apr 1999 22:11:04 -0700
From:      David Knapp <dknapp@luciamar.k12.ca.us>
To:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   LD_LIBRARY_PATH - undefined variable

I'm trying to install Star Offic3 5.01.  I have the so5o.out script from
lt.tar.com in front of me, and it has worked out well, but I am stuck at
one point.  I'm trying to perform the
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/tmp/so501/glibc2_inst:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
statement.  That didn't work, but in the glibc2_inst readme, it says
that for my shell I must use setenv.  So I do a:
setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH /tmp/so501/glibc2_inst:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
that gives me an undefined variable error.  I'm just typing it in at my
# prompt.

The other strange thing is that it worked once while I was in X - or at
least didn't give me an error, so then I tried to run the setup for Star
Office and it gave me errors saying that it couldn't find files like
libutil-2.0.7.so and ld-2.0.7.so - files that are in the glibc2_inst
directory.  I thought that doing the setenv for the LD_LIBRARY_PATH was
going to fix that but it didn't.  So, I logged in again, star office
couldn't find the files again.  I typed in the setenv statement, and now
I get the undefined variable error message.

dbk