Date:      Sun, 23 Apr 1995 15:54:56 +0400
From:      "Andrey A. Chernov, Black Mage" <ache@astral.msk.su>
To:        Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>, hackers@FreeBSD.org, julian@TFS.COM
Subject:   Re: [DEVFS] related matters

In message <199504231042.UAA27202@godzilla.zeta.org.au> Bruce Evans
    writes:

>>	b/	changing the place in the initialisation where
>>		the real time is read in from the CMOS..

>adjkerntz (or something that understands all the timezone rules) can't
>be run until a file system has been mounted, and you need timestamps long
>before that.  I think the localtime offset should be stored in superblocks
>and used to fix the clock in mountroot(), but even that is too late for
>devfs - you would have to touch all the devices opened before mountroot().

I think kernel must remember last boot time and last timezone offset
before adjkerntz will be run (stored somewhere at boot device).
Adjkerntz will be gmtoffset and run in any case
in future to deal with local-time systems like msdosfs even when
your CMOS clock is GMT, but I am not shure that I can finish it
before release.

--
Andrey A. Chernov        : And I rest so composedly,  /Now, in my bed,
ache@astral.msk.su       : That any beholder  /Might fancy me dead -