Date:      Wed, 13 Aug 2014 19:13:55 +0200
From:      =?UTF-8?Q?Bernhard_Fr=C3=B6hlich?= <decke@bluelife.at>
To:        Vitaly Magerya <vmagerya@gmail.com>
Cc:        ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Redports, broken regression tests and missing check-orphans

Am 13.08.2014 12:10 schrieb "Vitaly Magerya" <vmagerya@gmail.com>:

> Bernhard, while we're at it, there are currently two problems with
redports which diminish it's usefulness significantly:

> 1. Redports used to run "make regression-test" on every build; right now,
each log has this instead:

>     ====================<phase 5: make test>====================
>     [: -eq: unexpected operator
>     === Regression tests skipped. ===
>     ================================================================
>
> So, no regression tests are executed. I don't know what the problem is
here.

> 2. Most ports now have stage support; this means that checking for
leftover files under ${PREFIX} is close to useless: only files in pkg-plist
are copied there. Instead, leftovers should be searched for in ${STAGEDIR}
-- running "make stage-qa" and "make check-orphans" with every build would
do that.

> (I've already botched two patches when I assumed that successful redports
run means that pkg-plist is complete).

> So, can the first problem be fixed and the second suggestion implemented?
Should I be bothering tinderbox author(s) instead?

I am not sure where the first issue is coming from but the second is
definitely a tinderbox task. We are asking for tinderbox staging and modern
leftover checks for some time already. I am working on a poudriere
migration but it's quite a moving target and it requires quite a bit of
work.