Date:      Mon, 21 May 2001 13:45:08 +0100
From:      Antony T Curtis <antony@abacus.co.uk>
To:        Chris Byrnes <chris@jeah.net>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: java 1.3?

Chris Byrnes wrote:

> Apologize, in advance, for the very blatant mis-use of cross-posting.
>
> I have a client who is demanding I run java 1.3 compatability, but all
> versions of kaffee and jdk that I can find are only supporting 1.1 -- Does
> anyone know of anything?
>
> Reply to me in private, if you can.
>
> Chris Byrnes <chris@JEAH.net>
> JEAH Communications, LLC. <www.JEAH.net>
> Toll-Free <1-866-AWW-JEAH>

I have had good results with the following Linux JVM under FreeBSD:
java version "1.3.0rc1"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.3.0rc1-b17)
Classic VM (build 1.3.0rc1-b17, green threads, nojit)

This is the Sun JVM. JBuilder 4 runs great on it, for weeks at a time
continiously.

--
ANTONY T CURTIS                     Tel: +44 (1635) 36222
Abacus Polar Holdings Ltd           Fax: +44 (1635) 38670