Date:      Mon, 18 Jan 1999 19:22:33 GMT
From:      Roger Hardiman <roger@vulture.dmem.strath.ac.uk>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   XFree86 hangs with 2nd VGA card (even though I want to ignore it)

Hi,
I have a PC with two Matrox VGA cards, A Millenium and a Millenium II.
I know XFree86 does not support 2 cards at the same time.

I want XFree86 to just use the primary card and ignore the 2nd card.

However, since adding the 2nd card, the SVGA server hangs when it
starts.
It seems to read some hardware details from vga0 and some from vga1 and
gets confued.

Has anyone got two Matrox VGA cards and a working X Server on just
the primary card.

Thanks
Roger Hardiman
Strathclyde Uni Telepresence Group

p.s. dual monitor support with Win98 and XAccel (MultiHead) work fine
but in this case, I want XFree86 and a single monitor even though
two VGA cards are present)