Date:      Mon, 17 Nov 1997 17:19:35 +0100 (MET)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
To:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   snd971117.tgz

[Bcc-ed to hackers because a little bit of advertising is always
good...]

After almost one month, a new snap of the sound code is available at

	http://www.iet.unipi.it/~luigi/FreeBSD.html

(the actual URL is http://www.iet.unipi.it/~luigi/snd971117.tgz for
those using wget/fetch or other command line programs).

For the first time I have tried my audio driver with the linux
emulator (and linux binaries) and I have to say I am quite pleased
that it works pretty well.

Noticeable changes in this snapshot include:
  + fixed a bug in snd_sync which caused errors on close (snd971022);
  + support for the Yamaha SA3;
  + some code cleanup for the SB16;
  + a few more Voxware ioctl() used by the rvplayer 5.0 for linux
  + patches for linux emulation in 2.2.x to make the driver
    work with rvplayer;

and

  + initial hooks for the ESS1868 (untested and not working yet);

Users of snd971022 or earlier should upgrade to this version. A patch
for -current will be available in a day or so.

	Cheers
	Luigi