Date:      Sat, 17 Oct 2020 11:34:44 -0500
From:      "Brandon Bergren" <bdragon@FreeBSD.org>
To:        "FreeBSD PowerPC ML" <freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org>
Subject:   =?UTF-8?Q?Re:_kernel_panic_when_booting_FreeBSD-12.1-RELEASE-_powerpc-bo?= =?UTF-8?Q?otonly.iso?=

The fix for this is to backport my r362179 changes, while preserving the sparc64 compatibility.

Some pieces of the scc driver are hardcoded for SUN channel spacing, so the driver doesn't get set up properly when attaching to escc.

Specifically, a constant interrupt happens on channel A and it doesn't clear it properly because it's writing to the wrong address.

--
  Brandon Bergren
  bdragon@FreeBSD.org